The Ursuline Chronicle

Sports Roundup

Lilly Rice, Staff Writer

Fall Sports Summary/Winter Sports Update

Fall Sports:

Cross Country- The Ursuline Academy cross country team won the DIAA Division II state championship for the first time in 20 years! The team’s effort and hard work was clearly demonstrated at the state championship meet! Way to go cross country!

Volleyball- The Ursuline Academy volleyball team finished the regular season with an impressive 13-3 record. The Raiders finished fourth in the state tournament. Great job ladies!

Field Hockey- The Ursuline Academy field hockey team also had an impressive season this year, finishing the regular season schedule with a 11-4 record! Great job field hockey!

Winter Sports Update:

Basketball- The Ursuline Academy basketball team won their first game of the season against Padua on December 12, 2018 to start off what has been an exciting season so far! Great job Raiders! The basketball team’s next game is against St. E’s at St. E’s tonight 2/6. JV plays at  6 p.m. and varsity plays at 7 p.m. Go cheer on your fellow Raiders!

Swimming- The Ursuline Academy swim team’s season started off with a win! The swim team defeated Delaware Military Academy on Wednesday, December 12, 2018 with a score of 109-60! The swim team’s seniors were honored yesterday, 2/5,  ahead of their win over Archmere.

Winter Track- Great job to all!!!

Indoor Track State Championship Meet- placed 8th overall
Laini McGonigle – second in the 800m Run, third in the 1600m Run, and a second in the School Record 4 x 400m Relay on the team that also included Moira Carroll, Ragan Odle, and Bella Lindia.  Moira also placed eighth in the 400m Run,  Anna Pryor placed in three events – sixth in the 1600m Run, seventh in the 3200m Run, and joining Ragan Odle, Bella Lindia, and Caroline Taylor to finish fifth in the 4 x 800m Relay.